PRIVATE VEHICLES SPONSORED CNG CONVERSION COMPETITION
NGC CNG Company Limited (‘the Company’) Private Vehicles Sponsored Conversion Competition (“Competition”) is in keeping with the holistic plan (‘the Mandate’) by the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (‘GORTT’) to incentivize the use of Compressed Natural Gas (‘CNG’) as a major transportation fuel in Trinidad and Tobago.
This Competition will run from June 15, 2020 to September 30, 2020 in three (3) cycles across selective CNG Service Stations, subject to limitations stipulated below, by the Company in recognition of the Mandate of the Government and targets private registered, 4-cyclinder or 6-cyclinder OBD2 gasoline light passenger vehicles owners who wish to convert their 4-cyclinder or 6-cyclinder OBD2 gasoline vehicle to a bi-fuel vehicle utilizing CNG.
The total prizes that can be won in the Competition are Two Thousand, Two Hundred (2,200) Gasoline to CNG Conversions across the selected CNG Service Stations.
The following are eligible to participate in the Competition:
- A legal resident of Trinidad & Tobago;
- Must be 18 years and older;
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license as well as another form of ID;
- Must provide original and copies of:
- Valid Insurance Certificate; and
- Inspection Certificate issued by the Ministry of Works and Transport, Licensing Division.
- Must be the registered owner of the gasoline light passenger vehicle.
- In the case of persons who are not the registered owners listed on the Certified Copy for the vehicle, a letter of authorization and identification of the registered owner will have to be presented.
RULES OF ENTRY:
- No purchase is required to participate in this promotion.
- You are to complete the entry form located at CNG Service Station, and deposit it into entry boxes at the same location.
- Only one entry allowed per vehicle.
- Only registered owners of 4-cyclinder or 6-cyclinder OBD2 gasoline light passenger vehicles are to enter the competition.
- In the case of persons who are not the registered owners listed on the Certified Copy for the vehicle, a letter of authorization and identification of the registered owner will have to be presented;
- Only privately registered, passenger gasoline vehicles with 4-cyclinder or 6-cylinder gasoline engines will be eligible;
- Vehicles with direct injection, carburetor or OBD1 systems are ineligible.
- Competition starts at 12:00am on June 15, 2020 and terminates at 11:59pm on September 30, 2020.
- Deadline date for conversions will be December 31, 2020.
- Assessment and processing fees for your conversion apply. Fees payable to the CNG licensed converters.
LIMITS TO THE COMPETITION:
- The Competition, subject to directives from the GORTT, will only be available by the Company until the earliest occurrence of one of the following events:
- Expiry of the term of the incentive – December 31, 2020, or
- Expiration of the term of the Mandate of the Government, or
- Disbursement of Two Thousand, Two Hundred (2,200) prizes.
- The following categories of persons are excluded from participation in the Competition:
- Employees of NGC CNG Company Limited, The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (“NGC”), National Energy Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago and Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited;
- Persons working for third party companies that are involved in the organization or execution of the Competition; and
- Immediate families of persons directly involved in organizing this Competition.
- The Company has the right to, at its sole discretion and without prior notification, exclude applicants from participation on reasonable grounds. Circumstances in which the Company can exclude participants from participation include but are not limited to:
- Non-compliance with the terms and conditions, eligibility or attempts to compromise the Competition in any way;
- Upon verification of documents the information does not match the information provided on the applicant’s entry form;
- Upon physical assessment of the vehicle by the Licensed Converter, the vehicle is deemed unfit to undergo a Gasoline to CNG conversion. In cases where the Licensed Converter deems the vehicle suitable pending minor repairs, a fixed date will be assigned for said repairs to be completed and vehicle re-assessed. Failure to meet said fixed date will result in loss of the sponsored conversion;
- The participant being a recipient of a previous grant or incentive offered by theCompany;
- If the participant is a recipient of a site specific free CNG conversion from a prior service station draw.
- The Company disclaims all warranties with respect to the Competition.
- The Competition and the prizes are provided “as is” and “as available” by the Licensed Converters.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Competition is limited as stipulated above and will be done on a “raffle draw’ basis.
- The Competition will be governed by the laws of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago.
- The prize offered by the Company is to a maximum pay-out in the sum of Twelve Thousand Dollars, Trinidad and Tobago Currency (TT$12,000.00), VAT inclusive.
- Conversions must occur by December 31, 2020 by a converter approved (“Licensed Converter”) by the Ministry of Energy and Energy Industries (“MEEI”).
- The winners must have the gasoline to CNG conversion undertaken by a Licensed Converter selected by the Company and upon conversion have all subsequent correspondence and servicing regarding the CNG conversion with said Licensed Converter.
- Only the vehicle which was entered for the Competition can receive the sponsored conversion.
The prize is non-transferrable to any other vehicle.
- Vehicles to be converted must pass the Licensed Converter’s assessment which will determine the vehicle’s working condition, space required for the CNG conversions and CNG system compatibility with the vehicle, before being awarded a conversion and after which all liabilities will be to the Licensed Converter.
- Should a vehicle fail its assessment by a Licensed Converter, the vehicle will not be transferred to any other Licensed Converter for consideration of conversion.
- The Company reserves the right to assign the conversions to a selected Licensed Converter.
- The Company has the right to, at its sole discretion and without prior notification, change or discontinue any aspect of the Competition. The Company also reserves the right to request the removal of the CNG Kit and/or tank which said request must be complied with by the winner.
- The Company reserves the right to request a dynamometer test on each converted vehicle after conversion to guarantee expected performance.
- The Company reserves the right to perform physical inspections on the completed conversions to ensure adherence to the TTS NFPA 52:2017 Specification for Compressed Natural GascVehicular Fuel Systems.
- The prizes cannot be sold, changed or exchanged for money or for other prizes and the prizes are non-transferable.
- The CNG kit and/or tank are not to be removed, sold or transferred to a third party. If the said CNG Kit was removed, sold or transferred to a third party, the winner will be liable to repay one hundred percent (100%) of the cost of the CNG Kit or the costs of the sponsorship for the said CNG Conversion, whichever is greater.
- Where the winner encounters performance issues within one (1) month Post Conversion Date (“Post Conversion Date Period”), the Successful Recipient is to make all efforts to rectify all performance issues directly with the Licensed Converter. The Company shall NOT be liable for any costs related thereto whatsoever, in whole or in part.
- Further to #14, where the winner elects to remove the CNG Kit due to performance issues, thewinner shall have sixty (60) days after Post Conversion Date Period, to obtain written approval from the Company. The Company shall NOT be liable for any costs related thereto whatsoever, in whole or in part. The CNG Kit is to be left with the Licensed Converter upon removal.
- Further to #15, where the CNG Kit has been removed without any prior written approval of the Company after the Post Conversion Date Period, the Successful Recipient shall be deemed to be in breach of the terms and conditions herein and shall be liable to reimburse the Company as referred to in #13.
- The Company’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding. No communication will be entertained in this regard.
- In the event of any external circumstances beyond the Company’s control, the Company is not obliged to compensate the winners. External circumstances in which the Company is not obliged to compensate winners include but are not limited to:
- Postponement of the conversion by either vehicle owner or Licensed converter;
- Directive to cease the CNG program;
- Sale of the vehicle by the registered vehicle owner;
- Decision by vehicle owner to remove the CNG kit and tank; and
- Incident or accident involving the vehicle and requiring repair or installation of a new CNG kit and tank.
- The winner must allow the Company to advertise via signage both externally and internally on the converted vehicle for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of conversion.
- The winner shall obtain and install a Radio Frequency Identification Device (“RFID”) tag on the converted vehicle within thirty (30) days’ notice by Company. The RFID will be required for each converted vehicle as part of the CNG Vehicle Management System, to be implemented by the Company, and will ensure that all CNG vehicles comply with an industry standard inspection programme.
- Any servicing, calibration or other works post conversion will be arranged between the winner and the Licensed Converter to which the Company will not participate nor issue payment towards.
- The winner shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives, NGC and any of the subsidiaries of NGC, affiliates, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively being the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims, actions, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, expenses and losses whatsoever and howsoever arising as a result of any incidents, accidents and/or acts of negligence by the winner in relation to this Competition. The Released Parties shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified or misdirected entries or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failures.
- All communication post conversion will be between the winner and the Licensed Converter and will exclude the Company, NGC and each of the subsidiaries of NGC.
- The converted vehicle must display the blue CNG diamond sticker as per regulations at all times.
- By accepting the prize, each Recipient agrees to being interviewed, photographed and filmed during activities related to the prize and agrees to provide all active cooperation with any promotional activities and reasonable publicity arising from the prize. All resultant material, including participants’ name, image and comments, may be used by the Company for promotional and marketing purposes in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and internet, without further reference and free of charge.
- Should the converted vehicle be involved in any incident or accident that renders it in-serviceable for a period of two (2) weeks or more, the winner must notify the Company via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
- Should the converted vehicle be stolen, you must notify the Company immediately via email (email@example.com) within 24 hours. A copy of the police report must be provided to the Company within 24 hours, of your notice to the Company.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
- Please read all sections carefully and ensure that you understand and are in complete agreement with the information provided prior to completion and submission of your entry.
- Complete the entry form located at the CNG service station, attach the receipt of your purchase to the entry form and deposit it at the same location during the stipulated period. No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The winners of the prizes will be contacted via telephone.
- To accept the prize, the winner must conform to the following by the stipulated deadline dates for each cycle in the competition as advertised:
- Sign the Terms & Conditions Form (signed by recipient and witness);
- Provide the original and a copy of recipient’s driver’s permit together with another form of ID (e.g. Passport, National Identification Card) and proof of ownership (i.e. certified extract); and
- Be able to provide copies of:
- Valid Insurance Certificate; and
- Inspection Certificate issued by the Ministry of Works and Transport, Licensing Division.
- Failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions of the incentive will be grounds for termination of the said prize and denial of future incentives offered by the Company.
Version – 6.0 (Effective June 10, 2020)